ASBIS Secures AVG Deal for EMEA Markets
Press-release: ASBIS signs global master distribution agreement with AVG Technologies, the developer of the world’s most downloaded Anti-Virus software.
Moscow (Russian Federation), February 26, 2010 – ASBISC Enterprises PLC, an expert in IT products distribution to the EMEA emerging markets, signs global master distribution agreement with AVG Technologies, the developer of the world’s most downloaded Anti-Virus software.
ASBIS gets the status of Master Distributor and is authorized to supply AVG consumer and business software security products in 22 countries including Central and Eastern Europe, North Africa, Russian Federation and the CIS.
“The global anti-virus market is a highly competitive market today and AVG Technologies is one of the strongest players on this market,” said Laurent Journoud, Executive Vice-President for Sales and Marketing at ASBIS. “We are pleased to add AVG software to security suites portfolio and we are positive that Master Distributor status will bring increased benefits to our customers. ASBIS’ best in class online distribution system will help customers to order and supply software electronic licenses to consumer and corporate users in real-time assuring the highest level of service and saving the costs.”
“I’m very excited about our partnership with ASBIS. This is an extremely important strategic alliance for AVG and it provides a solid foundation for the future development of our business across 22 countries,” said Gareth Williams, Vice President Sales for Emerging Markets in AVG Technologies. “Our aim in selecting a master distributor for this region was to choose a company with world class capabilities in sales & marketing, technical support, operations & logistics and finance, as well as having a broad coverage via local offices in every country. That was a tough set of requirements to meet, but ASBIS has done it and we have been extremely impressed by their capabilities at all levels of the organization. The back-office systems we now have in place with ASBIS include direct electronic B2B links which mean that we supply licenses on just a few mouse clicks. So we can meet customer requirements quickly and reliably, coupled with excellent pre- and post-sales support – I know customers will value these capabilities across the region.”
AVG Technologies products
AVG is providing the most user friendly and proactive software against malware for both consumer and business users. Along with initial Anti-Virus and basic Internet Security there’s also intermediate Anti-Virus plus Firewall and unique Identity Protection solution.
- AVG Anti-Virus 9.0 makes sure users’ computers stay free of viruses, spyware, and other malware. It includes AVG’s unique LinkScanner technology to keep them safe from harmful web pages by scanning those pages right as users go to them.
- With AVG Anti-Virus & Firewall 9.0, users get all the protection of AVG Anti-Virus 9.0 with the added benefit of the newly-enhanced AVG firewall to ensure their files and personal information are safe from hackers and other prying eyes.
- AVG Internet Security 9.0 combines multiple layers of protection the users need to stay safe online. AVG Identity Protection and LinkScanner are constantly on alert, safely guarding users’ identity and valuable information.
- AVG Identity Protection is a special solution for safe online banking and shopping.
- AVG Anti-Virus Business Edition 9.0 provides companies with high-performance protection that doesn’t get in the way of doing business, along with LinkScanner and enhanced phishing and firewall protection.
- AVG Internet Security Business Edition 9.0 won’t slow the business down while delivering the faster and smarter security. It merges ground-breaking online threat prevention techniques with enhances anti-virus and firewall technologies.
- AVG File Server Edition 9.0 safely protects the company’s file server.
- AVG Email Server Edition 9.0 prevents spam getting in employees’ mail while providing enhanced antivirus, phishing and web threat protection.
About AVG Technologies
AVG is a global security software developer protecting more than 110 million consumers and small businesses in 167 countries from the ever-growing incidence of web threats, viruses, spam, cyber-scams and hackers on the Internet. AVG has nearly two decades of experience in combating cyber crime and one of the most advanced laboratories for detecting, pre-empting and combating Web-borne threats from around the world. AVG has nearly 6,000 resellers, partners and distributors globally including Amazon.com, CNET, Cisco, Ingram Micro, Play.com, Wal-Mart, and Yahoo! www.avg.com.
ASBISc Enterprises PLC (WSE: ASB) is based in Cyprus and specializes in the distribution of IT products from worldwide leading manufacturers such as Intel, Seagate, Hitachi, Microsoft, Samsung, AMD, Toshiba and DELL. Asbis has own subsidiaries in 26 countries, more than 1,000 employees, 32,000 active customers, and its revenues reached US$ 1.5 billion in 2008. For more information visit the company's website at www.asbis.com.
For further information or comments please contact:
Channel Marketing Director ASBIS